Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

I love the Fourth of July for all the right reasons, and all the shallow reasons too! I'm not big on weaving my way through 84 hours of grid-locked traffic, but I'd hate to miss the fabulous light show! I also need to be more careful of my budget than I used to be, so I feel okay about missing the organized concession-related festivities.
We live in Maplewood, MN, and we usually go to Hazelwood Park. We go just early enough to get the mini-doughnuts, find a spot, lay down a blanket and park our tushies. This time, Cale mentioned that he really wouldn't mind missing the celebration altogether. Isn't it great when things just gel like that?

We grabbed Grandma, drove to Maplewood Mall parking lot and stayed right in our cars. Perfect! We had company. Many people had the same idea and even set up chairs in front of their cars.

It couldn't have been better! I got the light show and the sense of community and it was completely free!

No comments:

Post a Comment