Friday, June 19, 2009

Light Show







Last night I was treated to an amazing light show. Lightening was flashing repeatedly...never more than 10 seconds without lightening. It was entirely unaccompanied by thunder or even rain (at least from my perspective). My son (Hunter) and I spent hours with a camera and a tripod enjoying our attempts to get the perfect shot. In fact, he had a system: He'd politely ask The Universe for guidance in getting a beautiful picture, then wait to feel moved to begin the "opening of the shutter." Between the two of us, we were able to capture some awesome images. I have to say, though, that never in my life have I been able to capture any natural image in such a way that it perfectly conveys the beauty of seeing it first-hand. I think that may be where a spectacularly talented painter might have a leg up on a photographer. Maybe I think that way because the only thing I can paint is a wall!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, Seems like a terrafic view. Litening on sky with this kind of view. WoW! Just an awsome.

    ReplyDelete